Minimum Stay...properties with the following caveats:
- The Cliff House at Otter Point requires a 3-night minimum stay.
- The Star House Lodge require a 2-night minimum stay.
- The Redwood Cottage and Mendocino View suites require a 2-night minimum stay on weekends.
- All of our properties require a 3-night minimum stay on holidays.
Call us on Wednesdays for possible 1-night exceptions for the upcoming weekend.
We accept cash, check in advance, or Master, Visa, Discover & American Express.
Deposits and Cancellations
We offer a moderately strict deposit and cancellation policy. A 50% deposit is taken at the time the reservation is made, with the balance due 14 days before arrival. In case of a cancellation, no refunds are given unless we are able to re-book the vacation home for the canceled dates. In that case, we will refund 50% of your deposit.
When we speak of pets, we really mean dogs. Well behaved dogs are allowed for an extra charge of $20/night. We allow a maximum of 2 dogs in the following home only: Redwood Cottage. Pets are not allowed in any other homes.
Our pet policy is simple: you are responsible for your pet at all times during your visit with us. We provide you with pet sheets to protect our furniture and linens. Please use them to avoid excessive cleaning fees. Pets may not be left alone. Leashes are a must at all times. Please clean up after your pet, and always keep your dog on a leash. You, as the pet owner, are financially responsible for any and all damage caused by your pet, including labor, replacement, and materials.
We encourage children in our vacation home rental properties with the following caveats:
- Children (10 years or older) can be accommodated at The Cliff House at Otter Point and The Star House Lodge. However, since these properties are located right on the edge of the Pacific Ocean, we require that a release of liability, called a Waiver of Responsibility, be signed by the parents or guardians of minors staying on the property.
- Mendocino View East and Mendocino View West are not suited to children under 10 years of age since both contain pricey furnishings.
- The Redwood Cottage is the ideal accommodation for families with children. The Redwood Cottage has a sleeping loft for younger guests, accessible by a ladder.
We have a pack-and-play crib and futon mattresses if needed. Please inform us of any additional needs when making your reservation. We have a pack-and-play crib and futon mattresses if needed. Please inform us of any additional needs when making your reservation.